Released on 9/13/11
Released on 8/25/11
Several performance problems with the Radioshift Helper background application have been fixed, helping with memory leaks, crashes related to high CPU usage, and other crashes.
- A problem on Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) where Radioshift and Radioshift Helper could get out of sync has been fixed.
A rare crash which could occur on Lion has been fixed.
Released on 5/26/11
Radioshift now requires Mac OS X 10.6 or higher.
Radio Guide searches containing non-ASCII characters now work correctly.
An issue with some "Unsupported URL" errors has been corrected.
A Flip4Mac install problem, when Microsoft Silverlight was already installed separately, has been fixed.
An issue with iTunes Music Library paths and the Send to iTunes function has been corrected.
A string encoding issue with track titles has been fixed.
Radioshift now properly handles "audio/x-ms-asf" playlists.
Radiotime branding has been updated to the newer TuneIn branding.
Many other small stability fixes have been made.
Released on 12/12/10
Released on 12/1/10
A workaround to handle AAC streams which incorrectly advertise themselves as AAC+ has been added.
A workaround to play plain-text playlists which incorrectly advertise themselves as HTML has been added.
Released on 10/19/10
- A bug where automatic program schedule updates could use the wrong time zone, resulting in schedules that are off by one or more hours, has been corrected.
- Other minor bugs have also been fixed.
Released on 10/1/10
- A bug where updates to Flip4Mac were not immediately recognized has been fixed.
- An issue where some streams did not properly begin to play has been resolved.
- Program schedules updates now display more reliably.
Released on 8/31/10
- Radioshift can now play AAC and AAC+ streams, adding hundreds of new audio streams.
- Several Flash-based streams which did not properly play audio are now supported.
- Radioshift now properly adjusts its output whenever headphones are plugged in.
- Power failures no longer cause subscriptions to get stuck recording.
- Sync between track titles and audio for MP3 streams has been improved.
- A bug where the LCD could say "Playing" when the stream is actually stopped has been corrected.
- Branding for RadioTime has been increased.
Released on 4/5/10
- A time zone and Daylight Savings Time issue that caused some program schedules to be an hour off has been fixed.
- A bug where programs added to Favorites failed to appear in the list of Favorites has been corrected.
- A bug where Summary notes were occasionally lost has been fixed.
Released on 3/10/10
- Radioshift's background web player now supports cookies, reducing advertising in some streams.
- A bug where sending recordings to iTunes could sometimes get stuck and never finish has been corrected.
- Program listings with no recording schedules are now properly filtered out.
Released on 2/3/10
- Support for web player streams that perform User-Agent checks is now improved.
- MP3 streams are now favored over other stream types, if reliability is equal.
- The Genres view has been updated to reflect recent changes in the Radio Guide.
- Streams requiring a username and password are now supported, for manual subscriptions.
- The detection of lost internet connections has been improved.
- A bug where "Tune In Live" was improperly enabled has been corrected.
- A bug where programs in Favorites were improperly shown as playable has been corrected.
- A bug where the Dock badge didn't update after deleting a recording has been corrected.
Released on 1/8/10
- A bug preventing live listening ("Tune In Live") of Programs from the Guide has been corrected.
- The listening history, seen in the History menu, is now properly preserved between launches.
- The LCD display is now much crisper when displaying its trial reminder.
Released on 1/5/10
- A bug which caused some DSL users to incorrectly get "lost connection" errors has been corrected.
- Two uncommon stream formats, audio/x-ms-wax and audio/x-pn-realaudio, are now properly supported.
- A display bug where completed subscriptions would incorrectly show a Next Fire date has been corrected.
- Resizing the window will no longer cause contents to be scrolled to the bottom.
- The minimum size of the window has been increased to 950px.
- When Radioshift is in trial mode, it will now alert the user via the LCD screen.
Released on 12/30/09
- Radioshift now plays thousands of previously unsupported streams, with access to streams previously only available via web players.
- Radioshift now works harder to avoid issues with faulty streams, by reloading streams which disconnect, as well as trying back-up streams where available.
- The Install Players window has been vastly improved, to provide one-click installation and updating of needed third-party players.
- The Radioshift interface has been overhauled. The toolbar/playback area is now always shown, and many visual elements have been improved.
- Radioshift is no longer directly affected by crashes or hangs in the audio playback engines (Flip4Mac, QuickTime and RealPlayer).
- Airfoil can now properly pull any and all audio from Radioshift.
- Radioshift now better supports both Windows Media Pro and QuickTime streams.
- Auto-wake will now work with special home folders, including FileVault, as well as those across a network or on an external drive.
- Radioshift now requires Mac OS X 10.5 or higher.
- Radioshift now properly loads the last view seen at quit.
- After relaunching, Radioshift now correctly finishes publishing any subscriptions which were in the process at quit.
- Playback of audio from stations providing malformed playlists has been improved with better parsing.
- Radioshift can now subscribe directly to SHOUTcast URLs, with no need for a playlist.
- An issue where multiple clicks of the Listen button could cause playback to fail has been corrected.
- Radio Guide searches no longer causes brief hangs.
- Station logos are now cached, to speed up the display of search results.
- Auto-wake no longer needs authorization after a Radioshift update.
- Auto-wake errors will now be rarer, and better detected when they do occur.
- Auto-wake now properly removes all scheduled wake events when a subscription is deleted.
- A bug where Auto-wake could pop many request windows at once has been corrected.
- Several issues which could cause Radioshift to hang at quit have been fixed.
- Many memory leaks have been fixed.
Released on 5/4/09
- Stream URLs are now checked and updated for guide-based station subscriptions.
- MP3 playlists with tracks of differing bitrates are now properly handled.
- The most reliable Radio Guide stream is now properly selected in all cases.
- Scrolling in the LCD has been improved.
- The Hide preference in the Accounts System Preference is now fully respected by Radioshift.
- Schedule changes are now properly updated for station-based program subscriptions.
- Accented characters are now handled correctly in recording file names.
- Every track in a Windows Media playlist is now properly played.
- Unnecessary warnings about accepting incoming connections to Radioshift Helper have been eliminted.
- A QuickTime bug that could cause audio looping when the stream stops has been worked around.
- A Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) bug that could cause problems with stream redirects has been worked around.
- The Japanese FM radio band is now fully supported with RadioShark hardware.
- A rare crash in playlist handling has been fixed.
- Expired subscriptions are now always reset to pending after editing the schedule to record in the future.
- A problem where the "Starting Radioshift Helper..." window could improperly stay on screen has been fixed.
- High CPU usage that could occur when playing some MP3 streams has been reduced.
- Compatibility with future Mac OS X versions has been improved.
- Invalid BBC program schedule dates are now better handled.
- Several memory leaks have been fixed.
Released on 1/14/09
- Station-based program subscriptions now properly tracking schedule changes, automatically.
- A bug where RealAudio streams could fail to record has been fixed.
- Multiple bugs with timed recording, including issues with automatic time zone adjustments as well as issues with timing at the end of a year, have been fixed.
- Radioshift now more intelligently chooses a player, fixing a rare issue where some audio streams would play silently.
- A bug where day of the week wasn't set correctly for non-recurring programs has been fixed.
- An exception in the date picker caused by bad date from the Radio Guide for BBC has been fixed.
Released on 12/10/08
- Improved handling of MP3 playlists.
- Popular list now uses data from RadioTime.
- Radioshift now loads all icons in the background, fixing a temporary pinwheel when searching in icon mode.
- Radioshift again works properly on old G3 machines.
- After subscribing to a program with a recording schedule, Radioshift no longer automatically enters editing mode.
- The default volume level for recording and playback is no longer set incorrectly.
- Editing the end date of an expired subscription now properly triggers new recordings.
- Improved progress indicator at the beginning of a recording.
- Fixed a bug where a deleted subscription could still start recording.
- Speed up the display of search results
- Fixed a drawing bug where in-progress recordings in the recordings list.
- The recordings list now sorts by newest item first.
- Fixed an obscure bug where an exception was raised by deleting a subscription that was already in editing mode on launch.
- Added 60 second timeout for unresponsive ICY servers.
- Improved several error messages.
- Fixed several memory leaks.
Released on 11/17/08
- A new and improved playback engine better handles hundreds of MP3 streams.
- Radioshift now automatically reports player problems to the Radio Guide.
- Updated to LAME 3.98-2 MP3 encoding engine.
- Appearance: Improved the appearance of player and recording error windows.
- Appearance: Removed the dash character "-" from the end of the scrolling text.
- Appearance: Improved the appearance of the volume control.
- Appearance: Put custom recording format preference in a sheet.
- Bug fix: Recording are now scheduled to start on the minute (:00 seconds)
- Bug fix: Recordings table no longer shows progress bar after recording finishes.
- Bug fix: Subscriptions with a slash character "/" now work as expected.
- Bug fix: Radioshift no longer creates duplicate recording folders.
- Bug fix: Player errors no longer cause redundant messages.
- Bug fix: Subscription editing errors are no longer incorrectly labeled as stream errors.
- Bug fix: Fixed a regression from 1.0.5 where some streams mistakenly said no player was installed to handle the format.
- Bug fix: Fixed several memory leaks.
- Bug fix: Fixed a rare crash with bad internet connections and highly buffered MP3 streams.
Released on 10/6/08
- Added recording status indicator in system menu bar.
- Added a separate subscription editing view, which uses standard Mac OS X editing controls.
- Fixed bug where pressing the Cancel button when editing a date didn't really cancel.
- Fixed bug where recording date was invisibly changed to today when editing the time.
- Fixed bug where a new subscription started recording while still being edited.
- Edits are automatically saved when you switch away from the subscription view.
- Recording progress is now displayed in the Recordings table rather than in a separate view.
- Set the album tag for recordings.
- Bug fix: after extending recording time, subscription was prematurely labeled as completed in sidebar.
- Eliminated "FSMakeFSRefUnicode returned error -43" message in console log when recording.
- Bug fix: deleting a subscription while it's recording didn't stop the recording.
- Fixed Helper crash on recording error.
- Errors are now associated with particular items in the Recordings table.
- RS reports an error whenever the stream ends before the recording is done.
- RS reports an error whenever a recording file cannot be produced.
- Fixed bug where recording errors were lost after logout or restart.
- Fixed bug where RealPlayer errors were ignored.
- Automatically report recording errors to RadioTime.
- Updated Sparkle to 1.5b4, which includes crash fixes.
- Updated LAME to 3.98b8.
- Fixed Radioshift crash when loading genres.
- Other miscellaneous crash fixes.
- Fixed memory leaks.
- Radioshift is now code-signed.
- Enabled vertical resizing of Recordings table.
- Longer timeout waiting for Helper to launch.
- Fixed bug where play/pause icon wasn't updated in Recordings table.
- Eliminated "Illegal NSTableView data source" message in console log when launching.
- Eliminate "playing next track" messages in console log.
- Fixed bug where a recording that ends early is not listed as completed in the sidebar.
- Fixed bug where Radioshift could not connect to helper after changing the time zone.
- Radioshift warns when you attempt logout during a recording.
- Fixed bug where some streams were sampled at the wrong rate, so the recording sounded sped-up.
- The world view now remembers its last location rather than defaulting to the US.
- The sidebar now indicates when you're editing a subscription.
- Fixed bugs caused by deleting an edited subscription.
Released on 3/21/08
- Programs selected via a specific station are now recorded from that station
- Now features preferences to intelligently filter Guide results
- Improved Popular section
- Improved support for international date formats
- Fixed a rare crashing bug when recording to MP3
- Improved error messages and many other minor fixes
- World View now wraps around
- Tweaked the breadcrumb Guide UI to label the root page
- "Noise Added - Please Purchase!" now added in the recorded files name
- Improved error messages when streaming server connections fail
- Subscription editing now uses Duration rather than an end date. Facilitates recording past midnight
Released on 12/10/07
- Recording location is now adjustable in the Preferences window
- Fixes a Leopard-only issue where connections to Radioshift Helper could fail
- Adds the ability to move the Radioshift recordings folder using an alias
- Improvements to Radio Guide scheduling and updating
- Fixes a rare bug where Radioshift could crash when editing a Subscription
- Improves rendering of button titles on Leopard
- Other minor bug fixes.
- Full Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Support
- Radioshift will now follow aliases for its library (~/Music/Radioshift can be an alias to someplace else).
- Subscription menu changed to provide to options for New Subscriptions with, no sub-menu
- Recordings now show the date recorded in their title rather than the episode number
- We now store recordings in per subscription folders in the Radioshift library.
- Reliability improvements
Released on 10/9/07
- Support for more audio streams, including some iTunes URLs and other 302 errors
- Built-in support for submitting Radio Guide corrections
- Now properly stores RadioTime accounts
- List view now shows proper counts
- Manual timers across midnight now function correctly
- Several other minor bug fixes
- Now supports some iTunes URL streams
- Now correctly handles loss of Radioshift Helper
- Hidden Preferences for AM/FM tuning options
- Fixed a bug where LCD text displayed improperly
- Added text to the Recording Options button
- Adjusted names of Edit/Finished buttons for editing Subscriptions
- Fixed a rare bug that caused Login Items to be removed
- Adjusted error for when Guide is unavailable.
- Properly handles missing files in Recording Bins
Released on 11/16/07
- Improved reliability when subscribing to some guide listings
- Improved intelligence of Radio Guide listings
- Improved reliability of waking machine from sleep and powering on
- Corrected a failure bug with the "Send to iTunes" option
- Corrected a bug with MP3 recording which caused files to be incorrectly recorded as AIFF files
- Corrected a bug where adjustments to recording settings were not respected
- Corrected a bug with backend communications to ensure the application knew it was unlocked
- Added links to automated Radio Guide checker
- Fixed a rare crash with invalid image data
Released on 9/24/07