Watch this 45-second overview for more!
Read on for more details or just click to download now!
Before purchase, noise is overlaid on all audio capture lasting longer than ten minutes.
To unlock the full version, purchase a license key for just $49.
Already own an older version of Audio Hijack? Upgrade to Audio Hijack 3 for just $25.
- Latency Reductions Overall latency has been massively reduced. If you had issues with latency previously, please test this new version.
- Bug Fixes Galore We've squashed dozens of minor bugs (and a few major ones, so be sure you've got the latest.
- Record Any App Just select an application and hit Record. Now you're saving its audio!
- Record From Devices Record from microphones, mixers, or other audio input devices.
- Record System Audio The System Audio source helps you record all the audio heard on your Mac.
Optimized for Common Uses
- Record Web Streams There's oodles of streaming audio on the web. Use Audio Hijack to save it.
- Increase the Volume Stuck with small laptop speakers? Use Volume Overdrive to crank things past 100%.
- VoIP Recording Easily save conversations from Skype, FaceTime, Google Talk, and more.
- Import Analog Content If you still have music on tapes or vinyl, Audio Hijack can help you digitize it.
- Podcast Recording Customizable source and recording options give podcasters full control.
- Pull From DVDs Import audio from concert DVDs, movies, and more, for listening in iTunes and beyond.
Robust Recording Options
- Easy Recording Defaults If you don't know much about audio formats, Audio Hijack is here to help.
- Bulletproof Recording Bulletproof recording means that even if your computer crashes, you'll never lose a recording.
- Popular Formats Record to the world's most popular audio formats, including MP3 and AAC.
- Recording Presets Tweak your recording settings to perfect, then save a preset for future use with just one click.
- Lossless Formats Too You can also save perfect-fidelity audio in AIFF, WAV, Apple Lossless, or FLAC.
- Smart Controls Automatically split files based on size or time. Neat!
So Much More
- Session Templates Use the Template Chooser to get a pre-configured Session. Tweak as needed!
- Preview Recordings Check your recordings by playing them back with a single click.
- Time Shift The new Time Shift effect lets you pause, delay, and rewind live audio!
- Re-usable Sessions Once you've configured a Session to your liking, you can re-use it over and over.
- Gorgeous Audio Effects The included audio effects are easy to use and easy on the eyes.
- Timed Recordings Use the Schedule tab to set up timed recordings, for when you're not around.
- Easy Organization Find all of your recordings, sorted by Session, in the Recordings tab.
- Ducking Effect DJs and Podcasters will love the auto-ducking now possible.
- Wake Up! The Scheduling feature can also turn any app on your Mac into an alarm clock.
I really just can't express how vital this app is for music production.
I think about switching over to Windows completely sometimes. Then I see apps like @RogueAmoeba Audio Hijack 3 and think, "No freaking way."